Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

Elusive giant at the landing by the power lines.

It's evening on the reservoir.

I cast as far as I dare push my rod, and the instant the plug lands ten yards from the opposite shore the water erupts with a thrashing fish. Something big was right under the plug when it landed, but it missed my plug. I reel the lure in quickly to see if she'll strike again, but she's not interested.

By the time I have my plug back and cast again, there's another explosion 15 yards left of the first and ten yards left of my latest presentation. This time the fish leaps clear of the water, and I'm able to see it's pale belly. A few seconds later there's another rise, but it's not quite an explosion. Now all is quiet again, and the fish has moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment